Makes: 16 bars
Gluten-Free, Oil-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free, No-Bake, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
What is more festive for the Fall than pumpkin? Absolutely nothing. Not only is pumpkin the flavor of the season but pumpkin is also one of the most versatile flavors there is. So, to put pumpkin’s versatility to delicious use, we whip up a batch of these delectable Pumpkin Ice Cream Bars! Perfectly sweet, spiced, and pumpkin-y, these mini pumpkin-pies-in-ice-cream-bar-form are the quintessential decadent treats to share for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any time you have a pumpkin craving this season!
For the crust:
- One cup of pecans
- Five medjool dates, pitted
For the filling:
- The cream from one can of full-fat coconut milk, frozen for 2-3 hours (*see notes)
- One can of pumpkin purée
- One tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 of a tsp. of cloves
- 1/4 of a tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/4 of a tsp. of nutmeg
- 1/8 of a tsp. of allspice
- 1/4 of a cup of maple syrup
- One tsp. of vanilla
- Dash of pink Himalayan or sea salt
How to make:
- Place a large bowl into the freezer to chill while you make the crust.
- Pit and soak the dates in a bowl of enough hot water to cover them, then set the bowl of soaking dates aside.
- Line an 8×8 freezer-safe baking dish with parchment paper.
- Blend the pecans in a food processor until they are fine and broken down.
- Drain the dates, then blend the dates into the ground pecans until a well-combined, thick batter forms.
- Place the crust batter into the lined baking dish, then spread out the batter evenly to form a crust (I used my hands, but you may use a spoon or spatula if you prefer).
- Place the crust into the freezer to firm, and take out the bowl that was chilling.
- Place the cream (not the liquid) from the top of the can of coconut milk into the bowl and mix it with a hand mixer until it is whipped and smooth.
- Add the pumpkin purée, spices, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt to the coconut cream, and mix until smooth and fully combined.
- Take the crust out of the freezer and spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Place the bars in the freezer for at least two hours to harden.
- Slice into 16 equal bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Place the unopened can of coconut milk into your freezer for 2-3 hours before usage. When it’s time to use the coconut milk, remove it from the freezer, open the can, and scoop out the thick, white coconut cream from the top of the can. Discard the water or save it for a different use like liquid for a smoothie.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!