Gluten-free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
I would like to personally thank Ross Geller for being my primary inspiration for these Fajitas. After recently watching the episode of “Friends” where Ross screams “My Fajitas!!!,” I literally cannot stop mimicking him and crying laughing. Thus, these Sheet Pan Plantain Fajitas were created! For those who need a refresher or have no idea what I am talking about, I implore you to click this link: “My Fajitas” Video
So now that we are all on the same page, onto the Fajitas! These Sheet Pan Plantain Fajitas are absolutely scrumptious! They are filled to the brim with veggies, plantains, Mexican spices, avocado, and cilantro, AND they are extremely simple to make! All you need is a sheet pan, a knife, a cutting board, and a bowl, and you have yourself some delicious Sheet Pan Plantain Fajitas! The second your oven beeps, you will surely be yelling “My Fajitas!” because they smell and taste that good!
- One large yellow plantain
- Three bell peppers (I used red, orange, and yellow)
- One yellow onion
- One red onion
- One cup of cherry tomatoes
- The juice from one and a half limes
- One and a half tsp. of chili powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cumin
- 1/4 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Avocado for serving
- Cilantro for serving
- Gluten-free tortillas of choice for serving (I like Siete Foods brand, which are also grain-free!)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the peppers and onions into strips, and chop the tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Chop the plantain into 1/4-1/2 of an inch thick rounds, then slice the rounds in half.
- Place the veggies, plantains, lime juice, spices, salt, and pepper into a large bowl, then mix to evenly coat the veggies and plantains.
- Pour the spiced veggies and plantains onto the lined baking sheet, then bake them for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and plantains from the oven, then assemble your fajitas by placing the veggie and plantains mixture into each tortilla, then topping them with avocado and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.