Makes: six to seven
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Lettuce cups are a great way to change up your average salad. You are still reaping the benefits of a salad; however, you get to eat as if you were enjoying a burrito!
- 1/3 of a cup of quinoa
- 1/3 of a cup of pinto beans
- 1/2 of tsp. of chili powder
- 1/2 of a tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Three tbsp. of tomato sauce
- Six cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 to a whole avocado, diced OR Guacamole
- Six to seven romaine lettuce leaves
How to make:
- Bring the quinoa and 2/3 of a cup of water to a boil.
- Once they are boiling, bring the temperature to low, and simmer the quinoa with the lid on until it has fully absorbed the water (about 10 minutes).
- Dice the cherry tomatoes.
- Once the quinoa is done cooking, add beans, spices, tomato sauce, and tomatoes into the pot, and stir them into the quinoa until everything is warm.
- Once everything is done cooking, place the mixture into the lettuce leaves.
- Serve the lettuce cups topped with the diced avocado or guacamole.