Serves: Two as a main dish, Three to Four as a side dish
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
There is nothing like a big bowl of lusciously creamy tomato soup! However, who says that you need cream to make your dish creamy? Not in my kitchen! Today, friends, we are serving up some simple (but so delicious!) tomato soup with no cream, no dairy, no nuts (I see you, cashews!) , and no milk of any kind (not even coconut milk), thanks to the savvy help of the humble zucchini! Get ready for your tastebuds to be amazed!
- Four medium zucchinis, peeled
- Two small yellow onions
- Ten cloves of garlic, minced
- Five tbsp. of tomato paste
- 1/2 of a cup of strained tomatoes/tomato sauce
- Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional: 1/4 of a tsp. of dried basil
How to make:
- Peel the zucchinis, onions, and garlic, then chop the zucchinis and onions, and mince the garlic.
- Sautee the zucchini and onions in a medium-sized pot until the onions are translucent and the zucchini is soft.
- Add the garlic to pot, then sautee for five minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a high-speed blender, then blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended mixture back into the pot over medium-heat, then mix the tomato paste, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper (and dried basil if using) into the zucchini mixture until fully combined and hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: