Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This Stuffed Butternut Squash is the epitome of Autumn! With hearty, delicious fall flavors from each ingredient, this dish will surely be a crowd pleaser during this chilly season!
For the squash and filling:
- One butternut squash
- Half of a head of kale, chopped
- 1/2 of a cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- Two cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about four cups)
For the sauce:
- One cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 of a cup of tomato sauce
- 1/8 of a tsp. of curry powder
- 1/8 of a tsp. of ground turmeric
- 1/8 of a tsp. of cumin
- 1/8 of a tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/8 of a tsp. of dried oregano
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, then place it face-down onto the parchment paper and bake it for one hour.
- While the butternut squash bakes, de-stem and chop the kale and slice the cranberries in half lengthwise, then steam them together for about 15 minutes, or until the kale has wilted.
- While the kale and cranberries steam, make the sauce by placing the sauce ingredients into a small pot over medium heat until they are hot and fully combined.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then set them aside
- Once the butternut squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven, then scoop out the flesh into a bowl, leaving a half-inch rim of flesh in the squash.
- Add the kale, cranberries, and chickpeas to the bowl of butternut squash flesh, then mix them all together so that the butternut squash evenly coats each ingredient.
- Place the mixture into the butternut squash halves.
- Drizzle desired amount of sauce over each stuffed squash half.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!