Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
It’s Autumn, it’s time for Brussels sprouts! For the half of you reading who enjoy the humble Brussels sprout (the other half who hate Brussels sprouts, I’m sure you’ll come around!), this recipe is right up your alley!
This exquisite dish features a duo that I have never tried (or heard of) before; however, I am more than pleased that I did! Enter: sun-dried tomatoes and Brussels sprouts! Tangy-yet-sweet tomatoes perfectly dried in the warm sunshine, supremely paired with tender, hearty, earthy-yet-nutty Brussels sprouts to create one tasty dish! As a bonus, this recipe is easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and extremely healthy! What more could you ask for?
- Four cups of quartered Brussels sprouts
- Five medium-sized tomatoes
- One cup of oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- Seven cloves of garlic, minced
- One red bell pepper, de-seeded and de-stemmed
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Chop the tomatoes and red bell pepper, and mince the garlic, then sautée them until they are fully cooked (about ten minutes).
- While the tomatoes, garlic, and peppers cook, chop the Brussels sprouts into quarters, then steam them until the are soft, tender and pale green.
- Once the tomatoes, garlic, and peppers have finished sautéeing, transfer them and the sun-dried tomatoes, salt, and pepper into a high-speed blender (I use a Vitamix), and blend until smooth (about 30-60 seconds).
- Transfer the steamed Brussels sprouts to a pot, then pour the sauce over the Brussels sprouts and stir to evenly coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!