Makes: Two bowls
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
There is nothing like a nourish bowl filled with all of your favorite foods to satisfy your hunger. What is a nourish bowl, some of you may ask? A nourish bowl is simply a melting pot of greens, grains/starches, a protein, vegetables, and a dressing.
This simple nourish bowl is the perfect combination of sweet and savory goods to supply your taste buds with both ends of the food spectrum.
- One Japanese sweet potato
- One purple sweet potato
- One cup of chopped kale
- One cup of cooked chickpeas
- One lemon, juiced
- Two scoops of unsweetened vegan yogurt (I used Kite Hill Almond-Based Yogurt)
- One tsp. of cinnamon
- One tbsp. of maple syrup
- Two tsp. of tahini
How to make:
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and chop the sweet potatoes into rounds.
- Chop the kale, removing the stalk if you prefer.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- Place the yogurt mixture in the refrigerator until time to assemble the bowl.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes onto the pan and bake them for 20-25 minutes.
- Steam the kale over low heat until it is bright green and has wilted. (this will take roughly 10-20 minutes)
- Once the kale is ready, evenly distribute it into two bowls and massage it with lemon juice.
- Once the potatoes are done cooking, add them evenly to the bowls.
- Evenly distribute the chickpeas to the bowls.
- Add one scoop of the yogurt mixture to each bowl.
- Add one tsp. of tahini to each bowl.