Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This sweet green salad is the perfect salad for anyone who wants to feel nice and satisfied after enjoying a salad! It’s filling, flavorful, and nutrient-dense!
For the salad:
- One small Japanese sweet potato, chopped
- Two cups of chopped kale
- 1/2 of a cup of fresh green beans, chopped
- Half of a head of romaine, chopped
- Six cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 of a cup of corn
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 of a cup of unsweetened, plain vegan yogurt (I used Kite Hill)
- One tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cinnamon
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Like a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice the sweet potato into rounds.
- Chop the kale, tomatoes, and green beans.
- Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet and bake them for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, steam the tomatoes, green beans, corn and the kale for about 15 minutes or until the kale has wilted and the green beans are soft.
- While everything cooks, make the dressing by mixing the yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a small bowl until they are well-combined.
- Chop the romaine and set it aside.
- Once everything is done cooking, place everything over the romaine lettuce and top with the dressing.