Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
You are going to love this Sweet Potato Chili! It’s chock-full of warming spices, perfectly hearty, has a touch of sweetness from the sweet potato, easy to make, made with minimal, simple ingredients, and bursting with flavor! Ditch the meat, and get ready to be a sweet-potato-chili-convert!
- Two large sweet potatoes (any color/variety)
- Two red bell peppers, de-stemmed and de-seeded
- Four large cloves of garlic, minced
- Two large shallots, minced
- 36 oz. of jarred/canned diced tomatoes (I used these)
- 1½ cups of tomato sauce/strained tomatoes (I used these)
- One 7 oz. jar/can of tomato paste (I used this one)
- Two tsp. of chili powder
- 1½ tsp. of ground cumin
- Half of a tsp. of red pepper flakes (adjust to your heat preference)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make:
- Mince the shallots, then sautee them in a splash of water in a large pot until translucent.
- Mince the garlic and dice the red bell peppers, then add them to the shallots and sautee until soft and fully cooked. (Add more water to the pot as needed)
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and chop the sweet potatoes into small chunks.
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes onto the lined baking sheet, then bake them for about 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce to the pot, then stir to evenly combine.
- Once the sweet potatoes have finished baking, remove them from the oven, add them to the pot, then stir to evenly combine.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the pot, then stir to evenly combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants!