Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Yes, you did read the name of this recipe correctly: vegan bacon! Who says that you can’t still enjoy the taste of bacon on a plant-based diet? With this versatile vegan bacon recipe, your bacon-loving days and our piggy friends are here to stay!
- One tortilla of choice (I used Siete Foods almond flour tortillas)
- One tsp. of smoked paprika
- Two tsp. of coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not soy-free)
- 1/2 of a tsp. of maple syrup
- 1/4 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/8 of a tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of black strap molasses
- 1/4 of a tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 of a tsp. of cracked black pepper
- A dash of salt (or to taste)
- One tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tortilla into one inch wide strips.
- In a small bowl mix together the smoked paprika, coconut aminos, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, black strap molasses, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and water until fully combined.
- Coat both sides of each tortilla strip with the sauce.
- Bake the bacon for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges have darkened and the tortilla has crisped.
- Serve and enjoy.