Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil- Free, Nut-Free, Refined-Sugar-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Banana pudding has always been and will always be a weakness of mine! I used to eat any type of banana pudding from the good old-fashioned Southern banana pudding, to the cheap Jell-o banana pudding, to the banana-laffy-taffy-tasting, artificially-flavored banana pudding– you name it, and I ate it! As those banana-pudding-days are well in my past, I just had to create a vegan and healthy (finally, I can have my pudding and eat it too!!) version of banana pudding that still tastes outrageously delicious! And, that is just what this pudding is!
- Three medium, overripe bananas
- 1½ cups of baked and mashed Japanese sweet potato flesh
- ½ of a tsp. of a vanilla
- ¼ of a cup of coconut cream from the top of a refrigerated can of full-fat coconut milk (*see notes and directions)
- Optional, but highly encouraged: crushed vegan cookies of choice for topping (I recommend using these cookies for best flavor!)
How to make:
- Blend the bananas, sweet potato, coconut cream, and vanilla in a food processor until smooth and fully combined.
- Serve with cookie crumbles and enjoy!
- *To achieve coconut cream, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in your refrigerator for at least 24 hours, then open the can and scoop out the white coconut cream from the top of the can to use, and discard the water from the bottom of the can.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This recipe contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting LoveThroughPlants!