Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Creamy, cheesy, decadent, and healthy!! This deliciousness is not only a warm, comfort-food dish but it also is filled with nutrients! The traditional broccoli cheddar soup is filled with dairy, which will most definitely not keep you healthy, especially during the winter months!
This soup will taste delicious while nourishing you! Some of the wonderful nutrients in this soup include: potassium, iron, folate, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, Vitamins A, B1, B3, B5, B6, C, E, and K, fiber, antioxidants, protein, healthy fats such as MCTs and omega-3s, anti-inflammatory properties, anti-bacterial properties, and anti-fungal properties. What could be better!?
- Two cans of butternut squash purée (I find mine at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s)
- One can of full-fat coconut milk
- One large head of broccoli
- 1/2 of a cup of vegetable broth (low-sodium or salt-free is best)
- One medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 of a cup of carrots, diced
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 of a tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Dice the onion and carrots, and mince the garlic, then sautée them in a large pot in a splash of water until the onion is translucent.
- Add the butternut squash purée, coconut milk, vegetable broth, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the pot, and stir over medium heat to evenly combine.
- Chop the broccoli into small florets, then add them to the pot, and stir to evenly coat the broccoli.
- Turn the heat to low, then simmer the soup with the lid on for about twenty or so minutes, or until the broccoli has cooked to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: