Yields: Three bowls
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Welcome to Flavortown, friends!! I have just combined my two of my favorite things: homemade vegan avocado Caesar dressing (I could eat this alone with a spoon, it’s that good!) and bliss bowls! You cannot help but feel wholly nourished and in a state of bliss while and after you enjoy this bowl! This blissful bowl of love is nutrient-packed, oozing with flavor, easy to make, and is ready is just over 30 minutes! Shall we dive in?
For the bowl:
- Two heads of romaine lettuce
- Six large kale leaves (I used lacinato kale)
- One cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 of a cup of shredded carrots
- One and a half red bell peppers, diced
- Half of a cucumber, sliced
- Butternut and White Bean Bites (see below for recipe)
- Avocado Caesar Dressing (see below for recipe)
- Optional: one tbsp. of hemp seeds
For the Butternut and White Bean Bites:
- One can of navy beans, drained and rinsed well
- Half of a cup of butternut squash puree
- ¼ of a cup of almond flour (Oat flour will most likely work, too. I have not tested, though.)
- One garlic clove, minced
- Three tbsp. of chopped parsley
- ¼ of a tsp. of cumin
- ¼ of a tsp. of smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Avocado Caesar Dressing:
- Three avocados
- One and a half tsp. of brown mustard
- Three lemons, juiced
- Three large cloves of garlic, minced
- One and a half tsp. of garlic powder
- Generous pinch of salt and black pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain and rinse the navy beans, then place them in a large bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the butternut squash puree, parsley, cumin, minced garlic, smoked paprika, almond flour, salt, and pepper to the bowl, then mix to evenly combine.
- Roll the batter into 15 even small balls, then place them onto the lined baking sheet and bake them for 30-35 minutes, or until they have hardened.
- While the Butternut and White Bean Bites bake, chop the romaine, kale, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and cucumber, then place them evenly into three bowls for serving.
- Make the dressing by mashing the avocados, then evenly mixing the remaining dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Once the Butternut and White Bean Bites are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for five minutes.
- Place five Butternut and White Bean Bites into each assembled bowl, then evenly divide the dressing into each bowl and top the bowls with hemp seeds (optional).
- Serve, and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: