Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Before going vegan, I loved chicken Caesar wraps; in fact, Caesar salad was basically the only salad that I would eat. Now as a vegan, my palate has expanded and I know how to make filling, delicious salads that don’t rely on animal-based products. However, this doesn’t mean that I still don’t enjoy that taste of a Caesar salad. This is why I have decided to veganize the classic chicken Caesar wrap! It is so tasty that you really cannot tell that it’s vegan!
For the “chicken”:
- 1/4 of a cup of chickpea flour
- One tsp. of garlic powder
- One tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 of a tsp. paprika
- 1/4 of a tsp. of onion powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of parsley
- Two tbsp. of water
For the Caesar dressing:
- Half of an avocado
- 1/2 of a tsp. of brown mustard
- The juice from half of a lemon
- 1/4 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- One clove of garlic, minced
- 1/8 of a tsp. of pepper (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt (or to taste)
- One tortilla of choice
- One cup of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 of a cup of shredded carrots
- Two tbsp. of chopped cucumbers
- Two tbsp. of diced tomatoes
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the “chicken” ingredients together until they form a thick “cookie-dough” consistency.
- Separate the dough into small bite-sized pieces, then place them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the “chicken” for eight minutes.
- While the “chicken” bakes, make the dressings by mashing the avocado, then mixing in the mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Chop the lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes, and shred the carrots.
- Once the “chicken” pieces are done cooking, take them out of the oven and let them cool for about five minutes.
- Once “chicken” pieces have cooled off, dice the “chicken,” then place the pieces into a bowl with the lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
- Evenly coat the salad with the dressing.
- Place the salad into the tortilla and roll it into a wrap.
- Serve and enjoy