Yields: About eight
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course)
I think I may have just found my dream-come-true recipe!! Before I went vegan, seafood was one of my favorite things to eat! In fact, seafood was the last thing I gave up when I went vegan, so these Vegan “crab” Cakes are a true blessing!
Growing up at the beach, catching, cooking, cracking, and eating lots of crab was like second nature to me; thus, I have had many crab cakes in my day. I have to say, these Vegan “Crab” Cakes taste like the real deal! Spicy, lemony, crabby, and just down right delicious! All thanks to cauliflower (what can’t cauliflower do?), Old Bay Seasoning (praise!), and a few other plant-based goodies!
- One head of cauliflower, steamed
- Five tbsp. of almond flour
- Two cloves of garlic
- Two tbsp. of lemon juice
- ½ of a tsp. of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- One tbsp. + one tsp. of Old Bay Seasoning
- One tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley
- Two tsp. of brown mustard (I used this one)
- ¼ of a tsp. of garlic powder
- ¼ of a tsp. of onion powder
- Pinch of pepper
How to make:
- Chop the cauliflower into florets, then steam them until they are fork-tender.
- Preheat your oven to 425°Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, place the florets into a large bowl, then use a fork and knife to shred the florets to make the “crab” meat.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the bowl, then mix until evenly combined and incorporated.
- Form the mixture evenly into patties, then place them onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the crab cakes for 30 minutes.
- Serve with lemon juice, cocktail sauce, and more Old Bay Seasoning (if desired).
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This recipe contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting LoveThroughPlants!