Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Oh my creamy, crabby goodness!! This Vegan Crab Dip tastes exactly like the real thing, and it is extremely easy to make! Crab dip was one of my favorite summer pleasures before going vegan, and this dip certainly rivals actual crab dip! It’s ultra-creamy, rich, and decedent; yet, it has no dairy (or crab!) whatsoever! Most crab dips are typically served with pita bread or toast points; however, they do not even compare to the roasted cauliflower dippers! The cauliflower dippers make the dish!
For the “Crab” Dip:
- Two cups of raw cashews, soaked
- 3/4 of a cup of water
- The juice from one lemon
- Two cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of a tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/4 of a tsp. of onion powder
- One tbsp. of Old Bay seasoning
- Pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
For the Roasted Cauliflower:
- Three 16 oz. bags of frozen* cauliflower florets (I used Trader Joe’s frozen organic rainbow cauliflower, but any color of cauliflower will work).
How to make:
- Soak the cashews in enough water to cover them for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets onto the lined baking sheet, then bake them for 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower bakes, drain the cashews, then blend them with the 3/4 cup of fresh water in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Blend the remaining dip ingredients into the blended cashews until fully combined.
- After the cauliflower has baked for 25 minutes, pour the “Crab” Dip into a small baking dish, then bake the dip and the cauliflower for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower and dip from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *Fresh cauliflower will also work; however, the cooking time may vary.
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that when you make a purchase from a link, I receive a small commission and you are supporting LoveThroughPlants with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping support LoveThroughPlants! For more information about my affiliate policy, please click here.