Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Hooray for a healthy, vegan, loaded sweet potato with a sweet and savory twist! This sweet potato is stuffed with all the goods, that just so happen to be some of my favorite foods!
- Steamed kale (my favorite way to eat kale)
- Peaches (all hail the mighty peach)
- White beans (hello, plant-based protein)
- Homemade VEGAN Bacon (need I say more?)
- Maple-Tahini Dressing (always up for creamy deliciousness)
- One sweet potato (I used a Japanese sweet potato, but you may use any variety)
- One cup of chopped kale
- 1/4 of a cup of cooked white beans (I used great northern beans)
- One peach, diced
- My Vegan Bacon, chopped into bits
- My Maple-Tahini Dressing
How to make:
- Make the bacon (recipe here)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Poke holes with a fork into the sweet potato, then place it onto the baking sheet and bake it for about and hour, or until the flesh is soft.
- While the sweet potato bakes, chop the kale and steam it until it has wilted (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the kale steams, rinse the beans if they aren’t already, dice the bacon, and dice the peach, then set them aside.
- Make the dressing (recipe here).
- Once the sweet potato is done cooking, slice it long ways and stuff it with the kale, peaches, Vegan Bacon, and beans.
- Drizzle the Maple-Tahini Dressing over the potato.
- Serve and enjoy!