Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course)
Most Super Bowl parties serve pinwheels that contain meat and some type of cream sauce, making them less ideal to put into our bodies. These plant-based Veggie Pinwheels are filled with nutrient-dense ingredients that are not only wonderful for your body but they also taste wonderful! You and your guests will not even miss the animal products!
- Three to four gluten-free tortillas of choice
- One red bell pepper
- One cup of cherry tomatoes
- One cup of spinach
- 1/2 of a cup of fresh basil
- One cucumber
- One cup of baby carrots
- Half of a cup of sun-dried tomatoes
For the cream sauce:
- One can of navy beans, drained and rinsed well
- One avocado
- The juice from one lemon
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of a tsp. of onion powder
- A pinch of salt and pepper (or to taste)
How to make:
- Chop the bell pepper, carrots, tomatoes, and cucumber Julienne-style, then set them aside.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then blend them in a food processor until smooth.
- Blend the avocado, minced garlic, lemon juice, onion powder, salt, and pepper into the beans until smooth.
- Spread the sauce evenly onto each tortilla, then spread the basil and spinach on top of the sauce.
- Place the vegetables on top of the greens, then roll up the tortillas.
- Slice the tortillas into rounds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy: