Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
This dish is one of my favorite recipes. I have heard of many asian noodle sauces made from peanut butter; however, I used pure sunflower seed butter, thus making this a nut-free sauce. This sauce is so creamy and delicious that I could eat it straight.
- Two packs of soba noodles
- One head of broccoli
- One red bell pepper
- Two cups of peas
- One bunch of bok choy
- Two tsp. of sesame seeds
- Three tbsp. of sunflower seed butter (I used SunButter)
- 1/3 of a cup of water
- One tbsp. of coconut aminos
- One tsp. of ginger powder
- One tsp. of garlic powder
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the sunflower seed butter and the water.
- Add the coconut aminos, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt, and pepper to the sunflower seed butter mixture and set it aside.
- Chop the broccoli, red bell pepper, and bok choy.
- Steam the vegetables.
- While the vegetables steam, cook the soba noodles according to package directions.
- Add half of the sauce to the cooked noodles.
- Add the vegetables and sesame seeds to the noodles.
- Add the other half of the sauce to the noodles until it is evenly coated on the noodles and the vegetables.