Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, vegan (of course!)
In the depths of summer, there is nothing like a refreshing watermelon! This bowl is the perfect dish to hydrate and satisfy you during these hot, summer days!
- 1/4 of a cup of quinoa, plus 1/2 of a cup of water for cooking
- 1/2 of a cup of diced watermelon
- Optional: 1/2 of a tsp. of raw coconut butter or coconut cream
- One cup of chopped kale
- One radish, chopped
- 1/3 of a head of romaine lettuce
- 1/4 of a cup of diced cucumber
- Half to a whole avocado, cubed
- Six cherry tomatoes, sliced
- The juice from one lime
- Optional: 1/2 of a tsp. of coconut vinegar
How to make:
- Bring the quinoa and the water to a boil (if using, add the coconut butter/ cream to the the quinoa, as well).
- Once they boil, turn the heat to low and simmer the quinoa with the lid on for about ten minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Stir the quinoa every few minutes to prevent burning and sticking.
- While the quinoa cooks, steam the kale for about ten minutes, or until it has wilted.
- While the quinoa and kale cook, chop the radish, cucumber, watermelon, avocado, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Once the quinoa and kale are done cooking, place everything in a bowl and squeeze the lime juice over them (also add the coconut vinegar if using).