Serves: One to two
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Grain-Free, No-Sugar-Added, Vegan (of course!)
I’m so excited to share my new favorite smoothie with all of you! Not only is this smoothie sweet and delicious but it’s also packed with heavy-metal-detoxing properties! Wild blueberries (not regular blueberries), Hawaiian Spirulina, and Barley Grass Juice Powder in this smoothie all work together to draw out heavy metals from our bodies.
Why is it so important to detox heavy metals from our bodies? Heavy metals can cause ADHD, ADD, autism, depression, mood disorders, Alzheimer’s, concentration and memory loss issues, and much more. They can also increase, worsen, and feed any viral or bacterial issues in our bodies such as strep (which is the cause of acne, Epstein-Barr, and many other diseases), E. Coli, SIBO, and so many more.
We are exposed to heavy metals every day of our lives through commercial products, the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the food we eat. Whether you are suffering from an illness or you are in “perfect” health, we all have heavy metals in our bodies that need to be extracted.
Now, onto the smoothie!
- 1½ cups of frozen wild blueberries
- One spotty banana
- 1½ cups of chopped kale
- ½ of a tsp. of Hawaiian Spirulina
- ½-one tsp. of Barley Grass Juice Powder
- ¼ of a cup of coconut milk
- One cup of fresh orange juice
- ¾ of a cup of water
- Two cups of ice
How to make:
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender (a high-speed blender is best), adding the kale and banana first, and adding the blueberries and ice last, then blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love this recipe? You may also enjoy:
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting LoveThroughPlants!