Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Oil-Free, Nut-Free, Vegan (of course!)
Falafels are perfect to add to salads, nourish bowls, or to just eat by themselves! They are high in protein, nutrients, and they are very delicious. These zucchini-turmeric falafels are a perfect twist on a regular falafel because you are getting extra veggies in your diet from the zucchini, and you are getting anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants from the turmeric!
- One drained can of chickpeas (about one and half cups)
- One large zucchini, shredded
- One tsp. of turmeric
- Two to three cloves of garlic
- Three tbsp. of teff flour*
- 1/4 of a tsp. of onion powder
- One tsp. of cumin
- One tsp. of parsley
- Two tbsp. of water
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out as much moister as you can out of it with a dish towel or cheese cloth.
- Add the shredded zucchini and chickpeas to a food processor and pulse them until they are well-combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Form the batter into small balls and place them onto the baking sheet (as if you were making cookies).
- Bake the falafels for 30 minutes.
*If you do not have access to teff flour, wheat flour or all purpose gluten-free flour should work fine; however, I have not tested.